When is a jewelry trade show more than just rows and booths of diamonds, rubies, Tanzanite and Ammolite? When it is the premiere global showcase of trade shows, known as JCK Las Vegas, running June 1-4 at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. But there is something greater than prestige that elevates JCK above other jewelry trade shows— its grant program.
The JCK Industry Fund, established in 1997, was designed to enhance the image of the jewelry industry and to foster development and research of programs that would benefit the businesses and people of this industry. To date, the JCK Industry Fund has generated over $6 million in grant program awards.
According to JCK online, the recipients for 2018 will receive a total of $240,000 to support the following marketing and educational programs:
- Diamond Empowerment Fund (DEF), whose “Diamonds Do Good” positive messaging campaign continues to build consumer confidence, reaching over 3 million millennials to-date
- Jewelers of America (JA), whose research supports a jewelry marketing campaign, seeks funding from the broader industry to launch in the future
- Jewelers Security Alliance (JSA), in support of Cybercrime Prevention Training and Information for the diamond, jewelry, and watch industry
- Jewelers Vigilance Committee (JVC) in support of its new Lab-Grown Diamond Legal Education program and its continuing Industry Protection Program related to legal matters arising from the Patriots Act, Bank Secrecy Act, etc.
- Women’s Jewelry Association (WJA) in support of educational resources and professional development opportunities for its Gender Equality Project
As we all try to connect traditional brick & mortar stores with the digital world, these are all worthy projects that can make a profound impact on addressing the needs of an ever-evolving jewelry industry. Buzz Bear Media is proud to congratulate these grant program awardees on their achievement and look forward to their successes.